How to grip a field hockey stick
Recently we have had some emails in from players who have purchased our silicon-backed Crown grips, many have asked for instructions on how to best apply a new grip to their stick.
So we have produced this video which shows how we apply grips to Crown sticks.
Please take a look at the video and let me know if you have any further questions, but to give some quick advice: My top tips are:
- Start with a clean and dry grip-less hockey stick.
- Place the stick or a clean table or on your knees.
- Overlap each grip layer by 2mm.
- Remember to completely remove the backing to the adhesive tape.
- Pull the grip firmly to keep the wrapping tight.
- Get hold of a very sharp pair of scissors to cut the end diagonal line.
- Find some good finishing (or electrical) tape and use a good amount, just to be on the safe side.
All the best!
Evan @ Crown